FCM retained Differly to assist in defining the requirements for the development of a new major website (The Green Municipal Fund Website). The content, functionality, document management, databases were all housed or connected to the main FCM website and would now need to be mapped from a process perspective to this new website while considering the broader constituent/stakeholder view (UX). The new GMF website would have its own structure, mission and objectives therefore thoughtful planning across multiple departments as well as a full technology mapping/functionality review needed to be conducted in order to develop a RFP with an appropriate scope of work. Our engagement included:
- Developing a sound understanding of FCM and GMF goals and objectives, business requirements and content.
- A series of executive interviews to understand challenges and opportunities and gain alignment on project goals and past challenges on similar projects.
- Designing and facilitating user story discovery sessions with relevant stakeholders on business requirements, functional and design requirements for the GMF website
- The development of a detailed findings report with recommendations on areas such as content management approach at FCM/GMF, the CMS and core functions it would have to support; necessary integrations with several platforms and sequencing of those integrations
- Development of the internal project charter and success criteria for the GMF website project.
- Providing strategic recommendations and offering best practice guidance on UX
- Producing the RFP for the development of the GMF website as well as the evaluation criteria.
Differly was then retained to ensure a proper hand off between the GMF project management team and the vendor and review the initial statement of work as well as the contract prior to sign off.