You are an independent consultant who will be joining the Differly team and working with 2 or 3 clients at a time depending on their needs. You might also take on project-based work in addition to part time fractional CIO roles.
As a Fractional CIO for various clients, you will be providing senior-level IT leadership and strategic guidance to multiple clients. The role requires a deep understanding of technology strategy, budgeting and planning as well as an ability to assess client needs quickly. You take a results-oriented approach and are a champion and leader of innovation strategy for our clients.
Possessing technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal and communications skills, the CIO is a bridge between business opportunities and technology implementation.
You will be responsible for Technology Planning, engaging in the strategy, design, and development of technological solutions in alignment with client business goals. Making strategic business recommendations. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic IT Consulting: Understand client business models, goals, and challenges to develop tailored IT strategies that align with their objectives.
- Technology Landscape Evaluation: Continuously assess the latest technology trends and provide insights on potential adoption, risks, and benefits for clients.
- Organizational Transformation and Innovation Planning: Lead and support transformation initiatives as well as innovation strategy planning, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Stakeholder Communication: Maintain clear and consistent communication with clients’ executive leadership teams and other stakeholders including Board of Directors, ensuring they are informed and aligned with IT decisions.
- IT Governance and Policy Development: Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices tailored for each client.
- Vendor Management: Oversee vendor relationships, ensuring products and services meet client requirements and are cost-effective.
- Risk Management: Identify and address potential IT risks and ensure robust cybersecurity practices are in place.
- Budgeting and Cost Management: Oversee IT budgets, ensuring value and ROI for clients.
Other project-based work as required:
- Manage systems requirements through the entire requirements lifecycle (planning, documentation, verification/validation, prioritization, and testing).
- Identify opportunities where technology investments can help deliver on strategic objectives.
- Create options analysis to compare and examine various potential solutions. Lead the development of end user documentation to support human change management activities and technology adoption.
- Plan for the delivery of functional training and/or user support during project transition periods.
- Help to analyze, model, and document business processes, working or facilitating the work of business analysts.
- Gather, document, and prioritize business and functional requirements; facilitate collaboration between different departments and leadership teams to ensure that requirements are understood and met.
- Conduct vendor and technology research: evaluate and recommend technology solutions and vendors that align with the company's objectives and budget constraints.
- Project Management: Lead and oversee project timelines, budgets, and resources, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within scope.
Who You Are
- Customer-obsessed: You have a relentless desire to better understand our customers and their customers. You naturally have a service-oriented mindset which shows during your interactions through empathy and a positive attitude.
- Growth Mindset: You don’t rest on past success but rather look to continually grow and seek to improve current methodologies learning from every project, working collaboratively with other Differly team members and client stakeholders.
- A strong communicator: You have exceptional oral and written communication skills and can articulate your analysis in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences. You are at ease presenting to executives or other stakeholders.
- Empathetic: You are a strong active listener who seeks to understand before making assumptions or recommendations.
- An experienced facilitator: You are very comfortable facilitating user research or requirements gathering workshops such as process mapping or user story workshops.
- Collaborative: You are a natural relationship builder and are comfortable working and engaging with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You lead by example and focus on supporting others to achieve success.
- Multidisciplinary: You are adept at handling multiple projects and “wearing many hats” for Differly clients.
Qualifications and Skills
You have a minimum of 10 or more years experience working as an executive technology leader or consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field. Advanced degrees (MBA, MS) are a plus.
- Proven experience as a CIO, Senior Director or in a similar senior IT leadership role.
- Strong understanding of the current technology landscape, including emerging trends and challenges.
- Demonstrated experience in models of innovation and digital transformation initiatives.
- Proven experience with IT governance, policy development, and risk management.
- Ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders across multiple industries.
Other Desired Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with established Business Analysis methods (e.g., BABOK).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Project Management methodologies (e.g., Scrum, PMBOK)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic data architecture and experience using diagraming tools to model business processes and/or data flows.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Strong experience using SharePoint and Power Automate (formerly Flow).
- Strong business process modelling experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and logical reasoning as well as great written and verbal communication skills to successfully articulate their recommendations.
Please send a CV and or detailed bio to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all interested consultants, however, only those selected for a follow up interview will be contacted.