The Differly team was first retained by Canada Soccer to develop a full technology and digital road map.
Canada Soccer was anticipating many large organizational shifts including the need for a new enterprise-level website and infrastructure, a full information management strategy and a new enterprise data hub to manage all soccer member, coach, and fan data.
Like many other national sporting federations, Canada Soccer was facing several challenges in managing a growing technology stack, member management data as well as rapidly changing fan expectations. Some of the core challenges included:
- Software-as-a-Service products were causing a shadow IT footprint, leading to inefficient technology spending, security and privacy risks, and incompatible data.
- International partners, like FIFA, had growing demands to support and integrate with new data interchange standards.
- Fans increasingly wanted to stream large quantities of high-quality video content to desktop and mobile devices.
- There was a growing need to engage with fans and partners on an expanding list of digital platforms which required thoughtful content planning.
Differly was engaged to conduct a systematic review of IT and Digital Infrastructure starting with a thorough current state assessment and needs analysis followed by the development of a multi-year road map allowing the organization to plan out budgeting needs, capacity, and work from a list of prioritized initiatives.
Differly was then retained to help implement and oversee the road map and take on fractional CIO responsibilities. During this time, the work has involved:
- Detailed IM strategy and business requirements leading to a vendor selection process and the development and deployment of a national registry system and data warehouse supporting FIFA reporting requirements while enabling new data analytics.
- A new video-driven content strategy across multiple platforms.
- The development of a new IT management approach leading to significant cost efficiencies and reduction of shadow IT.
- Development of a new cybersecurity strategy and improved cybersecurity resilience
- The selection and launch of a corporate eLearning platform for Coach Education.
- The development of an eSports strategy.